Join NSN for a Spotlight visit to Langley Hall Primary Academy in Berkshire on Tuesday 2nd July. Fill out the sign up form above.
Spotlight visits are half-day events aimed at senior leaders and trust representatives from open, pre-open and applicant free school groups. The host school provides several sessions to share their best practice and discuss their free school journey, along with a tour of the school to see the great work they are doing in action. Spotlights are free to attend.
Langley Hall Primary Academy (LHPA) was one of the first schools to open as part of the free school policy in 2011.
The school initially opened as one-form entry and was then asked by the local authority to expand to four form-entry. There are now over 700 students and LHPA operates a split site for the upper and lower school.
The school is rated Good by Ofsted.
LHPA’s curriculum has a heavy emphasis on music, which will be the main focus of the day. The agenda will include:
- ‘Our School Journey’, detailing LHPA’s rapid expansion and the challenges faced along the way.
- ‘Tour of the Upper School’ to see lessons and meet pupils.
- ‘Music for All Programme’: A demonstration of the school’s music curriculum where all children learn a musical instrument from Year 1. This will include discussion on how the programme is implemented, the online short course for schools and governors, and performances from the school’s ensembles.
- The school’s weekly radio broadcast.
- Visit to the school farm.
- Networking lunch.
The event has been designed to meet the needs of senior leaders and trust representatives from open, pre-open and appliance free schools. Each group can sign up two attendees.
If you have any questions about this Spotlight, please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there.