Westminster Insight is hosting an Alternative Provision Conference, Chaired by NSN Director Unity Howard.
Please note: This event is not organised by New Schools Network. Full details can be found on the Westminster Insight event page.
Attend Westminster Insight’s Alternative Provision Conference, featuring key stakeholders and thought leaders in alternative provision, to gain practical insights into reducing off-rolling and increasing accountability of schools for excluded students.
Expert speakers include:
- (Chair) Unity Howard, Director, New Schools Network
- Kiran Gill, Founder & Associate Fellow, The Difference and Institute of Public Policy Research
- Sarah Dove, President, PRUsAP
- Emily Carr, Headteacher, Bishopton PRU
- Jane Nolan, Director of Primary and SEND, Orminston South Parade Academy *Headteacher of the Year*
- Joanne Meredith, Alternative Provision Quality Manager, Tutors Trust
- Ben Mallinson, Principal, Pendlebury Centre PRU in Stockport
- Sheila Arnott, Alternative Provision Consultant, Salford Local Authority
- Sue Johnson, Virtual School Head and Head of Inclusion, Salford Local Authority
Hear from successful applicants to the Alternative Provision Innovation Fund (APIF), award winning education practitioners such as Jane Nolan (Headteacher of the Year), and industry pioneers including Kiran Gill (Founder of The Difference).
Network with top alternative provision providers, trailblazing local authorities and pioneering researchers who will explore how to improve academic and pastoral progress, best practice in commissioning alternative provision and increasing transitions from AP's to mainstream schools and post-16 training and education.
What you will learn:
- Exploring the key trends in alternative provision and assessing the role of local authorities, mainstream schools and PRUs
- Securing funding and spending budgets creatively to maximise the impact of provisions
- Commissioning alternative provision effectively to meet local demands
- Managing behaviour to improve outcomes for children with complex mental, social, emotional and medical needs
- Navigating the 2019 Ofsted Framework successfully by understanding how the new framework impacts AP providers.
NWHE1O-AESP for 1 delegates (10% off)
NWHEZO-AESP for 2+ delegate (20% off)
Book with a credit or debit card to get an additional 10% off.