Discussions around diversity and inclusion have this year been brought to the forefront of all sectors – and have encouraged us all to reflect.
New Schools Network and the Confederation of School Trusts (CST) are delighted to publish On Diversity: An Essay Collection. This timely collection is part of a broader programme on diversity for both organisations.
Written by six trustees from Black and minority ethnic backgrounds, the collection hopes to amplify the experience of trustees as they share their views on the importance of diversity and inclusion.
NSN and CST are incredibly grateful to best-selling author Matthew Syed who penned the foreword to the collection, and to the six contributors:
- Bal Samra Trustee, Ormiston Academies Trust
- Jennese Alozie Director, STEP Academy Trust; Trustee, The Shared Learning Trust/Dunraven Trust
- Kam Kothia Chair, Star Academies
- Karen Giles Chair, Inspire Partnership
- Tesca Bennett Trustee, Astrea Academy Trust
- Aruna Mehta Trustee, The Kemnal Academy Trust